Monday, December 14, 2009

About Me


It occurred to me today that I have not mentioned very much about myself on this blog. I would like to semi-introduce myself to you today! : )

My name is Christina, I am in my 20's, and live in TX. I am married to my high school sweetheart, Edward. I am a stay at home mom to our two little boys: 23 month old "C", and 10 month old "O".

I have always loved the idea of recycling and taking care of the planet God has given us. As I've become a mom, the responsibility to take care of the world they are going to inherit has further motivated me to find other ways to "go green." The one major kink in this plan is that we don't have very much money. That is why Going Green and Saving Green was born. I wanted a place to share my ideas of little ways we can do good things for this earth (and our families) without spending very much money. I also wanted this to be a place where others can come and share their ideas. A library of "cheap ways to go green" if you will. Since I am a mother of young children, naturally most of the ideas I'm going to be thinking of are going to be about parents and kids. That is why this section of GG and SG is the most active. I still post on the home page of GG and SG but not nearly as often as the Parents and Kids section.

Right now, I am switching my boys over to cloth diapers. This has taken longer then I wanted it to because of various things getting in the way in our lives. I am not giving up though. I have been actively searching for cloth diaper giveaways to help me build up a stash quicker. Right now I use gDiapers with G-Flappers from Nappy Shoppe exclusively. I am very happy with them! I take the time to share these giveaways with you so you too can have the chance to build up a cloth diaper stash (or just try them out) without forking over a lot of money.

I am also not the best speller and unfortunately blogger took away the spell check feature. I will run what I type through a separate spell checker when I have the chance and I also have my husband proof read my posts. Sometimes errors still slip by though. I apologize ahead of time for my spelling mistakes. Hopefully there won’t be too many! I know that can make things annoying to read!

I will tell you more about me and my family in the future. I am not able to write as often as I'd like because my two little boys take up a lot of my time. I am so happy to be able to stay at home with them though!

0 comments on "About Me"

Post a Comment

Categories

Green Blogs

Blog Giveaway Events

Daily Deals

Green Baby Bargains offers one green item at a reduced price every day.
 

Parents and Kids Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal